There is a wealth of information about Kawasaki Disease available on the internet. As more research is undertaken, more information becomes available. Please find below some useful resources to assist you in learning more about Kawasaki Disease.
Information on the internet is no subsidy for medical advice, and where any health concerns arise, always seek advice from your treating health professional.
Parent / Carer Important Information
- Royal Children’s Hospital Parent Information Sheet.pdf
- KD (Aust) Parent Survival Guide
- The Sydney children’s Hospitals Network factsheet
Kawasaki Disease Foundation Awareness Resources
Australian Research published studies and articles
- April 2014: The Epidemiology and Clinical Features of Kawasaki Disease in Australia. By Jelena Saundankar, David Burgner and others.
- July 2013: Kawasaki Disease – The Importance of prompt recognition and early referral.
- January 2009: A Genome-Wide Association Study Identifies Novel and Functionally Related Susceptibility Loci for Kawasaki Disease. By David Burgner and others.
- January 1998: Kawasaki Disease in Australia, 1993-95. By Jennifer A Royle, Katrina Williams, Elizabeth Elliott, Gary Sholler, Terry Nolan,Roger Allen, David Isaacs.
Australian Media & News Stories
- Channel 9 Telethon story on Aurora Mitchell diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease in 2018
- Herald Sun story on Quinn Bailey, diagnosed with Kawasaki Disease in 2011 & 2012
- ABC Catalyst Story featuring Dr David Burgner
- Radio Interview featuring Dr David Burgner
KD Foundation US & Other Resources. Please note that Australian data differs to US statistics.
- KD Animated Heart
- KD Reflections
- Kawasaki Disease: A Parent’s Guide
- Join the Quest – Kawasaki Disease Foundation
- Grey’s Anatomy episode on KD